Our college offers a variety of courses and opportunities. Choose your own and enjoy!
Associate of Applied Science Degree in IT Server Administration
Specialized in: IT Server Administrator
If you are seeking a degree in server administration to further your career, look no further. Graduates of Asher’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in IT Server Administrator (ITSA) have the server admin training to oversee the day-to-day management of the infrastructure of Windows Server 2008 R2 servers. They are familiar with working in a mixed operating system environment, making them more valuable to employers than those familiar with only a single operating system.
A Microsoft server administrator manages infrastructure, Web, and IT application servers and uses scripts and batch files typically written by others to accomplish tasks on a regular basis. They conduct most server management tasks remotely by using Remote Desktop Server or administration tools installed on the local workstation. A server administrator?s primary tasks include managing the server operating system, file, and directory services, software distribution and updates, profiling and monitoring assigned servers, and troubleshooting.
WHAT TO EXPECT:The Associate of Applied Science Degree in IT Server Administrator student should have previous CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network + certifications or equivalent experience. Once the course is completed, you will be able to perform roles in relation to IT Server Administration courses.
|Program Course – Details|
|Career Success - CS |
• A professional development class that teaches our students how to maximize their potential through goal setting, habits, eliminating procrastination and learning how our brain works
|Sever Basics - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Exam #70-410 |
• Install and configure servers • Configure server roles and features, and Hyper-V • Deploy and configure core network services • Install and administer Active Directory • Create and manage Group Policy
|Server Administration - Administering Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Exam # 70-411 |
• Deploy, manage, and maintain servers • Configure File and Print Services, and network services and access • Configure a Network Policy Server (NPS) infrastructure • Configure and manage Active Directory and Group Policy
|Server Design - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services Microsoft Exam # 70-412 |
• Configure and manage high availability • Configure file and storage solutions • Implement business continuity and disaster recovery • Configure Network Services, and the Active Directory infrastructure • Configure Identity and Access Solutions
|Intro to VM Ware - VMW-001 |
• Virtualization Concepts • Creating Virtual Machines • Managing Virtual Machines • Virtual Machine Availability
|Cloud Fundamentals - CFO365 |
• Understand the Cloud • Enable Microsoft Cloud • Administer Office 365 and Microsoft Intune • Use and Configure Microsoft Cloud Services • Support Cloud Users
|Administering Linux Level 1 - Linux+ (1 of 2) CompTIA Exam # LX0-103 |
• System Architecture • Linux Installation and Package Management • GNU and Unix Commands • Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierachy Standard
|Administering Linux Level 2 - Linux+ (2 of 2) CompTIA Exam # LX0-104 |
• Shells, Scripting and Data Management • User Interfaces and Desktops • Administrative Tasks • Essential System Services • Networking Fundamentals • Security
|Advanced Career Development - ACD |
• ACD is designed for three particular points of views; those looking to change careers, those looking to advance their career and those who are entrepreneurs and want to start their own business. Career Services will put your career goals first, it is time you did as well.
|Network & Operational Security - Security+ CompTIA Exam # SY0-401 |
• Network security • Compliance and operational security • Threats and vulnerabilities • Application, data and host security • Access control and identity management • Cryptography
- Server Administrator
- Server Support
- Server Technician
- System Administrator
- Information Systems Manager