Our college offers a variety of courses and opportunities. Choose your own and enjoy!
IT Server Administrator Program
IT Server Administrator (ITSA)
Certifications: 7 including MCP, MCSA, CompTIA Linux+ and Linux Professional Institute; LPIC-1
Graduates of our IT Server Administrator (ITSA) program study Windows Server Virtualization and begin by learning how to configure a Windows Operating System. Then our students will begin in the Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) courses. These courses teach our student services to implement and configure Windows Server 2012 core services, such as Active Directory and the networking services. They also learn server administration tasks such as group management, network access, and data security in Windows Server 2012 and the advanced configuring tasks required to deploy, manage, and maintain a Windows Server 2012 infrastructure. These includes fault tolerance, certificate services, and identity federation. The program then proceeds to teach on the Linux operating system learning to perform maintenance tasks on the command line, install and configure a computer running Linux and configure basic networking. The goal of these final courses is to earn certifications from CompTIA for Linux +, the LPIC-1 System Administrator from the Linux Professional Institute.
WHAT TO EXPECT:Our IT Server Administrator program prepares graduates for entry level positions working with computer technology. Students will be given a solid foundation in selecting, installing, and configuring basic personal computing hardware and installing various Windows and Linux operating systems, installing basic productivity applications (such as Microsoft Office), setting up simple wired and wireless networks, creating and managing active directory domain, and will gain experience in working with virtualized systems. Graduates from this program will be prepared for jobs that cover a broad spectrum of computer networking services in a technically-oriented environment.
|Program Course – Details|
|Career Success - CS
• A professional development class that teaches our students how to maximize their potential through goal setting, habits, eliminating procrastination and learning how our brain works
|Sever Basics - Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Exam #70-410
• Install and configure servers • Configure server roles and features, and Hyper-V • Deploy and configure core network services • Install and administer Active Directory • Create and manage Group Policy
|Server Administration - Administering Windows Server 2012 Microsoft Exam # 70-411
• Deploy, manage, and maintain servers • Configure File and Print Services, and network services and access • Configure a Network Policy Server (NPS) infrastructure • Configure and manage Active Directory and Group Policy
|Server Design - Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services Microsoft Exam # 70-412
• Configure and manage high availability • Configure file and storage solutions • Implement business continuity and disaster recovery • Configure Network Services, and the Active Directory infrastructure • Configure Identity and Access Solutions
|Intro to VM Ware - VMW-001
• Virtualization Concepts • Creating Virtual Machines • Managing Virtual Machines • Virtual Machine Availability
|Cloud Fundamentals - CFO365
• Understand the Cloud • Enable Microsoft Cloud • Administer Office 365 and Microsoft Intune • Use and Configure Microsoft Cloud Services • Support Cloud Users
|Administering Linux Level 1 - Linux+ (1 of 2) CompTIA Exam # LX0-103
• System Architecture • Linux Installation and Package Management • GNU and Unix Commands • Devices, Linux Filesystems, Filesystem Hierachy Standard
|Administering Linux Level 2 - Linux+ (2 of 2) CompTIA Exam # LX0-104
• Shells, Scripting and Data Management • User Interfaces and Desktops • Administrative Tasks • Essential System Services • Networking Fundamentals • Security
|Advanced Career Development - ACD
• ACD is designed for three particular points of views; those looking to change careers, those looking to advance their career and those who are entrepreneurs and want to start their own business. Career Services will put your career goals first, it is time you did as well.
|Network & Operational Security - Security+ CompTIA Exam # SY0-401 or Intro to Coding (HTML)
• Network security • Compliance and operational security • Threats and vulnerabilities • Application, data and host security • Access control and identity management • Cryptography
- Computer or Information Technology Services Administrator
- Computer Support Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Windows Server Administrator
- Linux Server Administrator
- Tier 1/Tier 2 Support Technician